This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sippin' on the Good Stuff


Soooo today (ok like last week but im finishing it today) in the midst of the boredom I call work, I came up with the perfect subject for my blog (thanks to racey)...Drinking. And im not talking about no soda, slurpi, or koolaid (well unless urs is laced with a lil bacardi), im talkin about that liquor..the good stuff. My thoughts on this all goes back to this weekend when I was sippin on that Hennessey all sat. night. Ive never really had straight up shots or big cups with small amounts of henni in them before. At least not to my knowlege but who knows i could be wrong. Anyway, so as i am starring down at my shotful of henni, i think to myself maybe i should mix it with something..u kno cause that seemed like the responsible thing to do..even tho i recall now that I had not eaten yet. So i ask if theres anything to mix it with and theres not so the decision now is, am i gonna take it straight to the head or am i gonna put my glass down and continue to watch the rerun of project runway. So you know what i did...held my breathe, asked myself why heidi klum had them making dresses out of garbage, and downed that sucker. It..was...Terrible! And i still had some left so I did the good ol trick of holding my breath as i took another sip...that worked much better. When i exhaled all i felt was the alcohol making its way down my digestive track. I look over and see mr. everyready himself, sippin on the henni like we are on a beach in San Tropez and the waitress just passed him one of those pretty drinks with umbrellas in it. I looked at him laughed then looked back in my glass and finished my beverage...I started feeling great truth be told, it was like the liquor instantly went right to the part of my brain labeled "feel good"...and u better believe i definately did. Do you want another glass?? Affirmative, i laid back, sipped the strong brown substance and was straight chillin. I wouldnt say i was completely drunk but I wasnt tryin to operate any heavy machinery either. I went from chatterbox to super energized to im tryin to fall back and be one with this ol school pound puppy blanket(ima steal that blanket one day race watch lol..just kiddin..maybe). It was a good day to say the least. And it made me think about the effects of alcohol (wow sounded so public service announcement "ish") and how it changes with the different environment your in. For me in this case, I was just relaxed havin a good time spendin quality time but you best believe if it was me up in da club the min. after i took that shot, id be dancing like one of beyonce's backup dancers. Yup its funny how your effect to alcohol all depends on where your at...are you gonna be in the mood? ready to dance and act like a hooch? only be thinking about laying a deeper inprint into ya couch? in deep thought? not moving from that park bench? Or gonna become the walking truth to any question asked of you?...who knows, maybe one, maybe them all but who cares cause drinking's fun and life is too short sooo be good to your liver and kidneys, drink in moderation, and always tap that bottle before you crack it open....

CHEERS ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home