This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

YOUR THE BOSS



Sooo this weekend, I had the joy of watching the devil wears prada with my movie buddy/bestbud/agent jujubee in the city. It was great, hilarious..the girl's boss was heartless, stone cold, and emotional less for the most part and i loved it. Why? because we all have moments when we are like that or wish we could be like that. So after leaving that warm feeling in my heart, I walk into work yest. and i get the "call". You kno the call..the one that ur boss wants to speak to you for a min. and you wonder to yourself what i do now, why cant i just do my slave labor in peace? Well of course she had to tell me something that was absoulately insignficant but in her eyes a huge deal. I listened, yessed her to death, let it go threw one ear and out the other, and most importantly brushed it off my shoulders. I went on with my work day, happy i didnt see her and then today, once again walked into work, chillin, hoping i wont see her again. I didnt for a good hour and then she appeared and the first thing that went threw my mind is, i hope she does not come over here..let me work in peace thank you. She didnt. I was overjoyed. And it made me think about all the types of bosses i have had in my mundane career as an employee for someone. Ive had the cool bosses, which you kno you could roll up late and they wouldnt try to send you to the electric chair...you could talk about ur drunken weekend or even how you think one of ur coworkers is ridiculous and should be dragged out into the street and beaten (wow violent) but anyway, they were cool enough and you saw them as a human being and not just a "BOSS" that lived for the job. I know we have all had a few of those, Bosses that seem like they live in the back closet of the building you work in, they have no life besides making sure that their enough staples in the office or isle ten always stays stocked. They are the worst, not because they take their job crazy serious but because they have no consideration for the fact that you are not deranged and obessed with were you work like they are. Where you work IS where you work. Its where you get your paychecks every other week so you can buy those fly kicks or pay that outrageous phone bill. I mean dont get me wrong, being career driven is a wonderful thing and we should all have some love or at least like for our job but life is way to short to forget the rest of the world exists because you center around ur 9-5. In my experience, most of these types of bosses that i have run into were when i working at my menial jobs where your just trying to get survival money and not trying to be the next corporate genius who climbed the ladder from saying can i help you miss?....I also clearly remember my past bosses that were on power trips, they were the ones that i was always 2.3 seconds away from putting them in they place. You kno the ones that just got a promotion from like cashier to assistant manager and they act like the company threw in a free bentley with there bonus. Meanwhile, you think to urself how this is the same person that last week was eating doritos with you talking about how they been there forever and need to do better with they life. It makes ur head spill and more importantly, makes u wonder, what am i still doing at this job?..oh yea, getting a paycheck. I would elaborate on bosses that are just simply mean and talk down to you but when you think about that, thats everywhere..theres always someone that for whatever reason do not know how to talk to people so i guess thats just apart of life. Its just more annoying when it comes from boss man or boss lady cause u have no choice but to listen. No one likes taking orders esp. when it really sounds like an order and not a polite inquiry. Politeness goes along way esp. at work and not even "kiss ass" politeness just a general "i have respect for u because ur a human being like me" politeness. The best bosses are those that have that. Future bosses should take a seminar...i should give it. ;) Anyway, enough ranting...i just felt like giving my two cents in cause I kno we all work and i def. know we all have or had that one general in charge that has gotten to us. What would you be like if U were head honcho..think about it, let it marinate...

latas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home