This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

90's Nostalgia


So today as I was taking my ever so looooong bus ride to work and listening to music on my 1995 cd player, i starting thinking about the music i was actually listening to. All the ones that I were jammin to were straight form the 90s and then I started to think, music was so great back then. I mean its not like im that old or anything so I cant really compare it to the classics cause now a days the classics are chopped up and used to make the radio hits we here today but i can honestly say of my 24 years on this earth, 90s music was SO great. I mean yea im an eighties baby and there are def. songs out there from the eighties that hold a special place in my music heart but its the 90s that got me. I mean think about it..the 90s was when mariah was on the come up and had songs with mase and diddy like honey (i kno u remember her tryin to dance on that fake boat lol) and lets not talk about mase...man when i was in highschoool, i remember thinkin i was inlove when i saw that album cover. It was all blue and white and the way he rhymed was so slow and cooool and lets not talk about the skits on his album..hilarious. Yup the good ol days before he became a minister then good guy again then gansta then whatever else he is right now. And then there were groups like Total with jams like kissing you (i kno u remember that video with them on the roof, playin that guitar) and envogue before dawn bounced but even then she apart of that other group with toni toni toni with that hit "i wanna dance tonight" and lets not forget TONI braxton, yea before the bankrupcy (i hated that video where she was running with that dress on in a maze)...wow that was great music. And i havent even talked about the classic rappers like biggie or tupac, still alive, well, and pumpin out future classics. Hov was even pumpin out future classics at the time too..i kno i had my vol. 2 tape. Foxy was still on top and makin great colabos, kim was doin her thing (i kno u remember her in her video for no time for fake ones, ridin down that escalator). There were endless amount of singers that were off the hook and to just name a few i remember: 702 (where my girls at?!), blackstreet (no diggity!!), dru hill (i def. have to go buy like every album they ever made, heard "these are the times" on the radio today as a throwback jam), and adina howard (every kid who grew up in the 90s knows her claim to fame song). Whitney Houston was still hot and drug free, well maybe not drug free but def. not full of drugs. I loved it and now i turn on the radio and im bombarded with groups like D4L and lil keke and songs like laughy taffy and snap ur fingers and I wonder what happened to music. I mean dont get me wrong, i be the first chic to shake her ass to some lil jon but when u compare and contrast, the greater music def. hails from a different era and as an eighties baby, ill never forget it.
Anyway, thats how im feelin and right about now I got some cds to burn and some ol school music to buy...holla at me folks. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home