This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

In-Home Delivery

Well hello fellow readers out there in readers land, i kno i havent done a post in like 2.34 million years but im gonna try to be more consistant with mine nah mean..i strive for quality so if quality means i dont have anythign to say for two weeks then i guess so be it but I will be more aware of my missing "ness"..anyway this entry is simply to discuss my crazy ass morning and how from it, i learned what glitters is not gold when it comes to advertising..so here we go

So i wake up this morning, to the pouring rain on my window and my cellphone ringing out of control, i answer it..chat and decide after hanging up that all i need in my life right now is a sausage and biscuit and maybe a hashbrown. So i get semi decent, grab my bag, and as im gettin ready to be out teh door, i see a lil moving van pull up right in front of my humble home. So i wonder, what he wants..come to find out he has the freezer that my parents bought at a GREAT price at an un named (has 'home' in the title) store. Now let me tell u just how great this deal was..the freezer was not only on sale (because the place was having a big ass sale) with an extra ten beans off plus FREE delivery to your home...how great right. Oh but people what glitters is not gold, let me tell you what this free delivery meant.
It meant a lil man, 5'3 at best, strolling up to my house in an unnamed van saying he had a freezer for us in his truck. The freezer will be brought via lil handcart to the sidewalk of my drive way...yes that is the limit to where the free delivery. No it is not "in home" delivery..meaning he can not step foot into my home....its only regulary delivery, so he can only leave it on to my property. So as i stand there in the rain, in my pjs listening to lil man tell me all about delivery clauses, several questions run threw my mind...how can a HUGE coporations with commercials on tv every five mins. about everything on sale drop off something as large as a freezer outside of ur house? how am i gonna get this freezer in my house? why does it have to be pouring rain on all days? and shouldnt all large appliances be "in home" delivery? lil man was nice enuff to "offer" to jam it in my garage so that the rain would not mess it up but he REFUSED to step one foot in my house, not even the livingroom to just leave it there.
So to make a long story short, i screamed for my mother who of course at the site of seeing a freezer standing in the rain and lil man about to walk away, starting ranting and raving about how much was paid for this freezer and how we were tricked bamboozled into thinking that our well paid money would at the very least afford us the joy of having a freezer in our house. I mean this was a big freezer folks, the type bodies are stuffed in when u watch the mob movies..not that we were doing that, we just like to eat alot but anyway, it was outrageous news to hear about no in home delievery to my mom. So in true adult fashion, we gave him a piece of our mind about the corporation, their policies, and our hard earned money and then bribed him. My freezer is sitting nicely in my house now. ;) But the moral of the story is, yea you see the commercials and all the "we are the best store ever, deals deals deals, customer service" hoopla but at the end of the day it can all have you standing in the rain with your hard earned money all wet. You gotta be a cautious buyer, read and have explained anything that requires a piece of paper that you have to sign in order to buy it, and most importantly know that what glitters is not always gold;)

HOLLA!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home