This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Friday, March 17, 2006

The enchantment of department stores


Sooooo yesterday I decided that I am in most need of a mirror and a laundry basket. So where can I go to get an affordable deal...TARGET. So im strolling down the aisles everything in red, completely knowin what i am there for...mirror and laundry basket. But i see all these signs, ONLY 14.99, Bedding, Sale today, Buy me buy me buy me!! And i found myself in the issacc mizrah bedding isle asking myself if i really need this number thread count on the new designer sheets i was about to buy. So i picked it up thinking to myself the whole time, don't i just want a mirror, why is my carriage about to be full of things that i did not come here for. Do I really need these sheets? Does it come in a bed and a bag form too? Wait, HOW much are these sheets? 70 DOLLARS?! For some sheets?! and this is the price on sale?! And then it hit me, this is why stores like walmart are monopolizing the country and are mega billion businesses. You become enchanted with all these deals around you and how everything is all in the same place...how i can buy sheets, walk two isles down buy a cd and get a hotdog and coke. (yea they got a lil spot to eat at up in there too!) It's almost amazing, kinda a genius-"lets just give them a lil of everything, they will be so happy with the convienance of it all that they will buy more and more stuff". I must say tho when i snapped out of my delusion, i realized some of these prices aren't really "deals" but I guess when your shopping for a sweater and you can pick up a new carpet and a gallon a milk in teh same place, its okay. Whatever thats my rant about Target and department stores for that matter.

As my old math professor would say.....*CHEERS*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home