This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Friday, April 14, 2006

Did I get any notes?!


Yea so i kno i havent written an entry in like 1.2 million years but lets just say that i strive for quality and if its just regular junk in the attic i call my mind, why share it but today i have a new ponder..its called "how many pages can i possibly have online".
So we ALL know that yes there is like trillions of sites to meet new people and old people you know too, we got the blackplanets, zangas, facebook, and now ever popular myspace. Sometimes i wonder what is the REAL reason that people sign up for these things, spend hours hookin up they page, and loading up photo albums of pics. I dunno maybe it really truly is to "find" new people to be friends with. I really cant remember the last time that anyone said yea i met so and so online, he/she is my BESTEST FRIEND who fortunately turned my life around for the best, im so happy i sent that shoutout to him/her. Now dont get me wrong, I have heard plenty of the yea i met him/her online and we are together/talking/gettin it in. I guess that has to be the true reason for its creation...why else would people go threw SO MUCH (making pages, checkin ya page, posting pics) if it wasnt for the potential that your gonna meet this like great ass person that is somewhere in cyberspace that you would never ever meet if u didnt post that fab pic with the lastest song and hottest background on ya page.
I dunno maybe im just hatin cause anyone who knows me, knows i rotate my pics like im a star (and i am damnit) but the whole idea of it is almost funny when you think of it..its like one big relationship show online (lookin for a new man/girl) or at the very least wanna be apart of the crowd (if everyone in my world is on it, why not me too), no one is lookin for their bestfriend for life that they gonna roll to the clubs with and tell all their secrets. So i say hey post ya pics, have fun, join the band wagon, download your songs or at the very least make a new "friend"!!!
Cheers!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very well said.
    I agree with you 100%.
    i think its just the new age we are living on, we are forced to be online more often than we are out and about (meeting actual people face to face) so i think the internet and all this community sites are just there to facilitate things. In my opinion it has worked, i've met some interesting people who i am still friends with, but i'll take a face to face encounter over any "screen name" and meaningfull "online relationship" out there. The only thing the internet lacks is the dynamics and that's where HOOKING your page UP comes in, and even then you never seem to get it rite so we constanly keep updating the public with new pics and new "about me" posts and blah blah blah...

    its good to know that other people are thinkin about this.


    piece!

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home