This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Friday, July 28, 2006

Will the REAL mariah please stand up???

Damn, my bus rides are so insightful, i swear. So im jammin of course on the bus, listening to my 92 cd player and i stuble upon my fav. mariah song every. Its called melt away and that is what it does when you listen to her belt out this beautiful song. (download it, buy it, steal it if u have to lol j/k) I love it and i was like damn why doesnt mariah make songs like THESE anymore. And as i continued to skip threw my cd, i found another song, forever, and i listened to that one and was once again blown away. She was singing, harmonizing...you could feel the song in her voice. Forever is definately one of those songs that you play when your either crazy inlove or missing the one u were crazy about. I loved it and it really started to make me think..what happened to mariah carey??
I mean yes her latest album, the emancipation of mimi..great wonderful album..i have it. I love it. The reason why its a success, at least the reason why i think (hence blog title), is cause she kinda got back to her roots; Great music and singing her heart out in only the way she can. These last few albums before that bombed because she was doing her whole whisper thing, where she was just barely singing and whispered all threw the track like she doesnt have an amazing voice that won grammy after grammy. I mean after listening to those two songs, i had to take it back..i had to go threw my mariah rolledex and remind myself of how wonderful she was. I listened to songs such as My All, where she sings like no other. I cant think of no singer out right now that could sing that song the way she did. All her old jams, the ballads..inspirational. And whats even better is that her vocabulary is great in her songs. Next time you listen to ol school mariah, listen to the words..im tellin you, you could get 200 more points on your SATs knowing the def. of some of the vocabulary she uses. Not alot of artists do that. Thats why she is a star.
Even when she switched it up to "im a butterfly..taste like honey" mariah it was still hot cause she was still singing. Listen to honey, she is still singing her ass off. Thats what i call successfully switching up but all that junk on her album charmbracelet (you kno, the one that had that song boy with camron) was not the mariah we know and love. She is a songbird or should i say songbutterfly and im happy that she emancipated her self from the rut she was in. She needs to free herself even more and take it back to those ballads that make you say "wow, now thats singing"! You know it, i know it..so go dig up a mariah cd when she still had that funny perm or didnt wear spandex all the time and remind yourself of what real singing is all about!!

toodles ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home