This is What I Think...

Random perspectives on random topics..love it

Monday, July 30, 2007

Party like a Rockstar



So everyone and they mama (mainly my sister) stay always askin me what clubs are hot..how was this spot..how was that...bla bla bla so I decided to devote a entry to my clubbin adventures and all the places I have shook my ass at along the way. Plus it will just make me feel good and remind me that I did once have an exciting life..so lets begin





In nyc:





Exit aka Club Black aka whatever else they named it before they shut that baby down-When it was exit, it was cool. I mean thats where I got my first glimpse of white kids on E and techno music mania but the roof top dance floor definately was hot.


As club Black, I had a blast, mainly cause it was my birthday and I was a lil tipsy but overall good times. I been there also when juvenile performed and even my secret baby daddy trey songz...actually i stood right next to remy martin that night and aint even realize it.





Webster hall-a great place to go when u wanna wild out with ya homies and actually get ya groove on to michael jackson and other throwback music. The crowd definately stays mixed. You got the hooligans, cool collected sexy, insync wannabees, and everything else you can think of up in there. Shoot the night I went my friend got twirled around in circles by this gi normus indian fellow. A great laugh was had by all, well mainly me, but overall thats the club to hit up when u just tryin to have a good time and act a fool.





40/40-this really isnt a club but shoot as packed as it gets in there (because its free all night) you would think that it was! All it needs is a legititmate dance floor and it would be perfect. Actually, I take that comment back about it being free because YES you can walk in the door without forking over some dough or bein on a list but you damn sure gonna come out ya pockets for drinks...nothing is less than ten beans and forget about it if you want some food. Its a great place to people watch and sway side to side. If you really tryin to showcase your usher moves, this aint the place for you homie.





Strata-Cool setup..its like one big ass circle with two bars in the middle. I wasnt that impressed the night I went. The crowd wasnt really partying like rockstars but hey it could have just been a slow night. I know they try to break ya neck with the cover charge if you aint there by a certain time and on a guest list though ;)





Eugene's-me and my homegirl OWN this club..well not literally but shit we been there enough times..u would think we got some stock invested in it. Its a cool club to be at..the crowd gets better as the night goes on and the music is always on point. The best time to hit it up is when its a holiday or super special event. Thats when they go all out and people really party hard. Definately a hot place to go until you get sick of it...and oh yea its in a prime location. Around the corner (literally) is 40/40 so you can hit that up when your over Eugene's and if you tryin to go to a whole nother club all together, Strata is just one block down.





Supper Club-Now dont let the name fool you..this club is OFF DA CHAIN and its beautiful. Its the type of place that during the day you could throw a wedding reception at...its so cool. If you wanna just be at a nice looking spot, thats the place to be. Not to mention it was a pretty good time. China club is two spots down also.





MARS2112-Now if you wanna talk about a club with a theme to it....this place takes it to another level! You are literally partying in a outerspace cave. They to it all decorated like you on another planet, well Mars I guess, drinkin and partying in a damn cave. I wasnt too big on it but I guess if you into that futuristic sci fi stuff that would be actually cool. Me, for like the first five minutes, it was hot but after that I was done. Not to mention it feels like all the lights are on up in there so EVERYONE with a decent sense of vision can see you poppin it and doin ya thing. Also its HUGE so if your like me and want that whole "packed sweating jammin" effect to your partying, this is not the place to go...they'd have to have thousands of people in there just to make it seemed packed and oh yea you gotta wait till a certain hour before you hit the dance floor. They have everyone packed like sardines in this bootleg cave bar until that time. I guess you can say i wasnt really feelin it lol i mean it wasnt hell but it wasnt the time of my life either.





Avalon-So many people rave about this spot but the night I want wasnt that great to me. They did the same thing of having people lounge around at the bar till a certain time before they open the dance floor. I hate that frankly! I mean this is not cocktail hour at a wedding reception. I came to dance. Also the crowd like magically switches up from the lounge to the dance floor. In the lounge I was standing next to fourty year old men and woman tryin to get they groove on but in the dance floor, I was watchin hooligans make it rain on all of us woman. Actually the dancefloor was alright. Yea Id go again..who am i kidding lol





Speed- All i gotta say about this place is you will love it if you between the ages of 18-20. If you tryin to get ya grown and sexy on and you aint tryin to mingling with no youngins, then this is not the place for you.

TNY-a grown up version of speed (it has all the hooligans, good music, and still grown and sexy), definately a blast..if u wanna see dudes make it rain on ya or 300 black people doin the motorcycle to "its going down" or cristal sprayed all over this is a good place to be..my personal fav. thus far

China club- cute and quiant...yea id do it again if i was asked to..it has an outdoor roof so when you think ya about to die from sweat you can go outside and relax. Oh yea the crowd is kinda a toss up tho..one min. ur standin next to mike from the block next thing you know a diplomat is shakin they ass to "so krispy" next to you






Jersey:





Deko Lounge-This spot WAS cool back in the day when I didnt know too much about it. It was a smaller crowd unless something was poppin and you could just dance and have a good time. There were two levels and originally, when it was cool something paradise, the bottom level was where all the hiphop and stuff was but now its on both. Sometimes they switch it up and just have reggae at the bottom. Its a little cool spot but after going there a bunch of times you get over it.





Abyss-All I gotta say is you gotta go on a good night when something is actually poppin otherwise forget about it. You will either be up in there with like two other people OR you will be lost in techno heaven. I have been there enough times to know when it is gonna be hot or not. They do try to bug out on the price though so be on time. No cp unless you tryin to pay city prices to get up into a small jersey club.














Well all in all these are the clubs that I can at least remember...ive gone to a gang of bars too and a few clubs in MIA and Philly (yea i get around) but hope that helps and informs. Hit me up if you got a few spots that you wanna offer a review to..later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home